Relish Valentine’s Day 2021 in Germany with Your Better Half
Valentine’s Day is a popular event that is celebrated all over the world. This wonderful occasion has gained popularity in Germany in the last few decades. German people are quite welcoming when it comes to foreign traditions. That is why they have wholeheartedly adopted several valentine’s day traditions. Read on to know more about Valentine’s Day 2021 in Germany!
When is Valentine’s Day Celebrated?
Valentine’s Day 2021 in Germany & all around the world is celebrated on the 14th of February.
This festival has its origins in the Western Christian feast that was held to honor some of the early Christian Martyrs. One of them was named St. Valentine. However, this feast gained worldwide prominence & today it is being celebrated as a well-known religious, commercial & cultural celebration of love & romance.
Tips for celebrating Valentine’s Day in Germany
Valentine’s day was a non-German festival until the Second World War. But when Americans came to Germany, they shared their wonderful custom of celebrating love on Valentine’s Day. Now it is celebrated all over Europe.
Love or Liebe (in German) is revered by German’s. That is why Valentine’s day is celebrated with much flair in Germany. Here are a few helpful tips that will enable you to make the most of Valentine’s Day 2021 in Germany.
Know more about Romantic Road Trip in Germany
Romantic Valentine’s Day Cruises 2021 in Germany
A few romantic cruises that you can relish with your crush or better half in Germany:
- Evening River Spree Cruise on an Enchanting Glitter Ship
- Explore the landscapes with a lovely Boat tour from Berlin
- Idyllic Havel Lakes Cruise
- Take a once in a lifetime Potsdam (World Heritage Site) Cruise
- Explore East & West of Berlin with an enthralling 4-hour Cruise
What Should You Prefer in Your German Valentine’s Day Dinner?
While there are no special Valentine’s day dishes in Germany, you can always go to nearby restaurants or road-side cafés to savor some scrumptious delicacies. Some of the dishes that you should try while celebrating Valentine’s Day 2021 in Germany are:
- Rouladen – This is one of the most popular dishes in Germany & is made up of bacon, mustard, pickles & onion. This dish normally features on occasions like Christmas Eve & Sunday dinners. But Valentine’s day is also an exciting event that should be enjoyed by munching on the scrumptious Rouladen.
- Kaiserschmarrn – This sweet dish which is essentially a scrambled pancake can make your taste buds tingle with delight! It’s made up of rum-soaked raisins. These are broken into small pieces which are caramelized & served with apple sauce. You can also sprinkle some powdered sugar on it to make the dish tastier.
You can also taste other scrumptious dishes like a homemade bread loaf, potato dumplings, red cabbage & Black Forest Cake.
So, what are you waiting for? Grab a Germany Visa & celebrate Valentine’s Day 2021 in Germany to make memories for life!