World Children’s Day in Thuringia in 2023
Where is the holiday recognized for International Children’s Day? – Despite the fact that World Children’s Day has been around for a while, it has only recently (since 2019) become a recognized holiday in Thuringia. Not just children but employees as well get a day off on 20th September every year.
Is the World Children’s Day a Public Holiday in entire Germany?
Every year on September 20th, Germany celebrates World Children’s Day, sometimes referred to as Children’s Day, International Children’s Day, or International Children’s Day. Yes, it’s a public holiday but only in Thuringia.
And the reason behind it is because after World War II, when Germany was split into East and West by the Allies, each region chose to have its own Children’s Day.
Irrespective of the day of children’s day celebration, one thing is certainly taken care of and that is the welfare of the children, which will always be regarded high by everyone celebrating.
History of the World Children’s Day in Germany
After the World War II in 1954, the story of two children’s day began in Germany, when two separate and independent states existed, East and West Germany. That year, the UN General Assembly decided that all nations would observe a Universal Children’s Day to encourage global cooperation and enhance the welfare of children. Although the UN resolution named November 20 as Universal Children’s Day, it also recommended that each nation choose a significant day that is suitable for its own people to observe as Universal Children’s Day. As a result, some nations decided to honor their children on November 20 while others chose to observe Universal Children’s Day on different days throughout the year.
In response to the UN’s Universal Children’s Day resolution, West Germany decided to organize a Universal Children’s Day called “Weltkindertag,” or World Children’s Day, on September 20, 1954. While, East Germany decided to continue commemorating “Internationaler Kindertag,” or International Children’s Day, on June 1 instead. This was a holiday that East Germans had been observing since around 1926, well before World War II.
To further complicate matters, UN changed the name of their November 20 Universal Children’s Day to World Children’s Day at some point in the past, but we are not precisely sure when. As a result, former West German families refer to German Children’s Day as Universal Children’s Day. Confused? We are as well, but there’s good news. Despite the fact that there is only one official children’s day recognized in Germany today, there are still two, and both are observed, thus the kids win.
Why People of Germany Love World Children’s Day
1. More Than Games and Fun
The celebration of World Children’s Day in Germany serves as a timely reminder to adults throughout the world to put aside the political & cultural differences in order to encourage and invest in children, the one thing that connects our planet and offers hope for a brighter future.
2. Games and Fun
Even though the first German World Children’s Day focused more on defending children’s rights than on games and gifts, today’s celebration serves as a reminder that kids learn best when they are having fun while they are learning.
3. A little world
German World Children’s Day serves as a gentle reminder of how similar children and families are all across the world.
How to Apply for Germany Visa from UK?
A Germany visa from UK may be required for visitors to travel around Germany. In order to apply for a visa, follow the below mentioned steps.
The first step is to collect all the documents required for your Germany Visa UK application. We suggest you to start gathering your papers as soon as possible because some of them may be challenging to get.
Fill Application Form
Once you have all the required documents, you can start filling out the Germany visa London application form. The application must be delivered in person to the Embassy. Before submitting, double-check that everything you have written is complete and accurate.
After collecting all the necessary paperwork and completing your application, you must schedule a German Schengen Visa Appointment London the German Embassy, Consulate, or application Centre nearest to you.
Make sure you have all the required paperwork with you before scheduling an appointment since you will need to submit it then.
To participate in a face-to-face interview, you must visit the Embassy on the day of your appointment. Here, you will provide all of your documents, as well as some supporting information, and respond to a few simple inquiries regarding your trip to Germany. To the best of your ability, make sure to answer any questions honestly.
You must provide your biometric information after the interview. This includes your photos and fingerprints as well.
Pay Visa Fees
Once your interview is over and you have provided your biometric data to the authorities you must pay the German Schengen visa application fees.
Please be aware that paying the fee does not ensure you will receive a visa. The funds raised go towards paying for the costs of the embassy or consulate’s services.
You’re nearly done. You must now wait for the outcome of your visa. Depending on your preference, you may either get your visa mailed to you or pick it up in person by visiting the embassy.
Note: Once your below mentioned documents are accepted, you will be contacted to schedule an interview. Be patient as it might take up to 15 days or more to receive a decision on your German Schengen visa application.
What are the Documents Required for Germany Visa?
It’s a good idea to spend some time knowing about what documents you need before you apply for Germany visa since you need to submit every single travel document required for your visa application. Hence, here’s the list of documents you will need:
- A completed and signed Germany visa application form.
- A passport that is still valid, was issued within the previous ten years, has two blank pages, and has at least three months remaining before the trip ends.
- Two passport size pictures.
- A UK residency permit that is valid for at least three months after your Germany trip.
- A confirmation of a return flight to the UK. To apply for a Germany tourist visa, you may need more than just a flight reservation; depending on the nation you belong to, you may also require tickets that are still valid and completely paid for. Thus, confirm the requirements in your area before submitting the documents.
- Marriage certificate and the spouse’s passport, along with three months’ worth of bank statements, are acceptable forms of identification.
- Bank statements from the previous three months.
- Hotel bookings or a Declaration of Proof from your Germany host as evidence of accommodation.
- Medical insurance that provides at least €30,000 in coverage and includes hospitalisation, emergency care, and repatriation (including in the case of death). This insurance must be valid for the length of the visit throughout the whole Schengen region.
- For Employees – A recent official letter from the employer that has been signed, as well as Salary slips of three months.
- Self Employed – A recent letter from banker, accountant or attorney confirming business ownership or self-employment in the UK, as well as a letter from the tax authorities, are required.
- Students – A current, official letter with name of student, the type of studies being pursued, the number of lessons (hours) per week, and attendance history from a UK school college, university or school.
- Minors – Birth certificate, passport of parents, and approval of parents to travel.
- Marriage/Birth certificate to family relationship in case of sponsored trip.
- If travelling with a purpose of business, a certification of attendance at meetings, conferences, or other activities related to your profession, business or occupation.
- In the case of medical treatment an official hospital declaration stating that the patient requires immediate medical attention.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1.What is the validity of Germany tourist visa?
Ans. You are allowed to stay for 90 days during 180 days period in Germany. Your validity period is mentioned on the visa hence you can check the information when you receive it.
Q2. What proof of income is acceptable to show the ability to cover travel and accommodation expenses?
Ans. There are several ways to qualify, but providing a bank statement is the simplest. Below mentioned are the other options:
- Prepaid bills of hotel and travel
- Salary Slip
- Certified records demonstrating the spouse’s agreement to pay the costs, etc. additional visa categories and documentation requirements
Q3. My passport expires in two months do I qualify to apply for Germany tourist visa?
Ans. Your passport must be valid for at least three months beyond the day you want to leave Germany in order to qualify for a Germany visa London. Hence, if your passport is only valid for three months or less, you cannot apply for visa.